When’s this rain gonna let up?

When’s this rain gonna let up?
雨什么时候才停?
1.be gonna do sth 将要做某事
What’re you gonna do?
你要去做什么?
I’m gonna hang out.
我要去闲逛。
You’re gonna ask him to New Year’s. You’re gonna break the pact.
你要邀他共度新年。你要毁约,抛弃我们。
break the pact 打破约定

2.let up 改善,好转,停止
When the rain lets up we’ll go for a walk.
等雨一停我们就出去散步。
-How many times do I have to ask you to throw away your empty bottles after you’re done with them?
-Will you let up? I’m doing something important here!
-我说过多少遍了,要你喝完饮料把空瓶子扔出去?
-你能不说话吗?我正在做重要的工作!
-Andrew, what’s going on with that leg?
-Swelled up during my truck route. Pain won’t let up.
-Andrew,你的退怎么了?
-开卡车时肿起来了。一直疼得很。
What’s going on 发生了什么事,怎么了
swelled up 肿起来了
pain won’t let up 一直疼得很
But how can I let up now when I am so close?
但我怎能在马上成功时半途而废呢?
let up 停止,终止

3.Looks like the rain has let up some. You’d best hurry. The break in the weather may not last long.
看起来雨好像停了。你最好快点。雨可能不会停太久。
let up some 雨小了一点,雨停了
had best do sth 最好做某事
the break 中断
last long 持续很久

1.This one looks like a scorcher,
今年夏天一定会炙热难耐。
scorcher(n.) 大热天
a scorcher (一个)大热天

2.It’s a bit nippy.
是有点寒风刺骨。
nippy(adj.) (天气或空气)寒冷的
It’s a little nippy today – you might need a coat.
今天有点冷,你可能得加件外套。

3.Let’s ask the soaking wet man with the pickaxe.
我们问问这个全身湿透还拿着镐的男士吧。
soaking wet 全身湿透
I’m soaking wet – I got caught in a downpour.
我全身湿透了,刚淋了一场倾盆大雨。
It’s raining cats and dogs.
暴雨倾盆。

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注